No, I am not talking about your story outline. I’m talking about the rest of your life. In order to fit in all that extra writing you need to do during a BIW to reach your goal, you need to plan ahead. Here are just a few ideas:
- Think about what you are going to do for meals. Double the recipes the week before and freeze for next week.
- Do a little extra cleaning this weekend (and laundry so you won’t be tempted to do it next week).
- Find a babysitter (no not for a whole week but a few hours here and there will free up some writing time).
- Make arrangements with other family members to help out around the house and to help encourage you to write.
- Set the VCR to tape all your shows.
- Print out your goal on mini posters and place them around the house as a motivator and reminder.
Everyone has their own unique time stealers. Make a list of your top ten distractions then brain storm on how you can reduce them during BIW to create more writing time for yourself. Every 15 minutes counts!
* Organizing from the Inside Out by Julie Morgenstern