Watch this video of “the Boss” performing on stage. Make sure you have the speakers on. This is a fabulous song. Take in the nuances of his facial expressions and the others in the movie. Make a mental note of background noises. When you are done watching you have a number of options to pursue for this prompt:
- Write about growing up listening to Bruce Springsteen.
- Give the man in the video a new name and background.
- Write about what the song means from the POV of the writer/singer/listener.
- Write your own song/poem/story about fire.
- If you have seen him in concert write about the experience.
- Write about what you are viewing from the POV of someone in the crowd.
When you begin to write you might want to have this song playing again in the background to inspire you.