One of the hottest pieces for the plus size woman to add to her wardrobe this seasons is the asymmetrical cardigan. I’m sure you have seen it around. If you have been wondering how to wear it here are three avenues to choose from:
- Ultra Chic — The asymmetrical cardigan worn with tights, a turtleneck (or mock neck), a thick belt, and boots.
- All Business — The asymmetrical cardigan worn with a satin cami, business skirt, and heels.
- Casual Shopper — The asymmetrical cardigan worn with a stretch shirt, jeans, and your favorite loafers.
Two of my favorite asymmetrical cardigans come from SwakDesigns and Kiyonna:
Left: SwakDesigns comes with an extra long removable sash which is a great addition to play with if you don’t already have a wide belt. Swak’s Cozy Plus Size Bellini is available in sizes 2x to 6x. They offer five colors — the red shown here and black, teal, gray, and brown (I’d love one in each color — I’m just saying!) for $60.
Right: Kiyonna’s Sweet Ruffle Bellini is a little more relaxed in the arms with a shorter sleeve and structured around the hips. And it doesn’t come with a belt. It is available in four rustic colors — rumor rust, ravenous red, purple hipster (shown), and black noir. Kiyonna offers their Bellini in sizes 10 to 32 for $64.
* Get your own asymmetrical cardigan from Kiyonna
* Get your own asymmetrical cardigan from Swak Designs