Every new year while others are making resolutions for their bodies I’m making ones for my closet. Most of which I’m pretty good at keeping throughout the year. My closet is probably the best organized place in the house. This year my New Year resolutions for my closet are:
- For every new item I hang in my closet I will give at least one item that I haven’t worn in the last six months away. This is an ongoing goal that I have been pretty good at for the last few years. I highly recommend it.
- This year I will try a color outside your comfort zone — or perhaps multiple colors, as in more patterns. I’m still considering my color options.
- I will give my closet a thorough spring, fall, and winter cleaning. This will of course include vacuuming, dusting, organizing, and downsizing as necessary.
- I will not organize my clothing by color. That way my husband can’t tease me about my limited color choices (he doesn’t get the variance of color — i.e. teal, aqua etc) when I buy another, red, blue, green, black, or grey top.
- This year I will try organizing by sleeve and pant length and casual and dressy.
What is a new year resolution you have for your wardrobe for 2010?