One of my favorite curvy ladies is Queen Latifah. She is a multi-talented artist who has dipped her feet in music, acting, producing and writing. Her latest book, Put On Your Crown, is focused on improving the self-esteem of women. This month the Hatchette Book Group is the sponsor of the Five Favorite Things blog giveaway.
Modeled after Maria Shriver’s Just Who Will You Be, Queen Latifah’s goal with Put On Your Crown is to help young women build a strong sense of self-esteem. A US Dept. of Justice survey found that females ages 16-24 are more vulnerable to partner violence than any other group, almost triple the national average. Cases like Chris Brown’s assault on pop star Rihanna showed an ugly side of adolescent life. However, Queen Latifah has always been a shining example of a woman happy with herself and unwilling to compromise to fit into the “hollywood ideal” of what a confident beautiful woman should look like. The result: She’s one of the biggest A-list celebrities in Hollywood.
- One person will receive one hardcover of Put On Your Crown: Life-changing Moments on the Path to Queendom.
How to Enter:
For this contest there is the option of one to three entries. To get three entries you must leave a separate comment for each method following these directions:
- Main entry: This one is a must to enter. Leave a comment below sharing a favorite song/movie etc of Queen Latifah’s.
- Second entry: Follow me on twitter. Leave a comment below that you are following me including your @ name (yes, it still counts if you are already following me).
- Third entry: Follow me on facebook. Leave a comment below that you are following me and a link to your facebook (yes, it still counts if you are already following me).
Three entries per person are allowed (one per method above)– suspicious entries with the same IP address (you know who you are) will be deleted without notice. The lucky winner will be chosen from the comments at random, using random.org, on August 30, 2010 at 3 pm EST. This giveaway is sponsored by Hachette Book Group but I will be mailing the gift after the email and mailing address of the winner have been confirmed by myself (so make sure you enter the right email). This giveaway is open to person 18 years and older living in the United States and Canada. Void where prohibited by law. The winner will have two weeks to claim the prize; after which time it will be rewarded to someone else.
UPDATE: The winner was announced in the comments below. Congratulations to Ess.
* Get your own copy from Put On Your Crown from Amazon
* Who is Queen Latifah