Plus size clothing can be fashion forward too but you do not have to smother yourself in it. Pick the things you like and add your personality to them. This season some of the hottest trends are:
- Military Anything: Seriously! Pretty much anything that is military inspired is hot. The most common pieces are the double breasted jacket, black military boots, and the military messenger bag. Get them all or pick a favorite. Other items, belts, gloves, hats and green tunics.
- Faux Fur: Look for black vests with furry details, trapper hats with faux fur lining, gloves with faux fur wrist details. And if you can find a faux shearling lined aviator jacket, scoop it. Fun fur reaches a whole new level.
- Oversized Sweaters: Fair isle is the look but embellished is good too. Add a belt (thin or wide) and you’re good to go. Do not forget those leggings. Keep an eye out for hoods and cables of all sizes.
- Animal Instinct: Animal prints, especially cheetah, are exceptionally wild. Even on a cougar. Go all out with a faux fur print cardigan or jacket or just a touch on a handbag, hat, or pump.
- Leather (Real or Faux): It never really goes out of style but it is getting a little fancier this season. Look for ruffles on jackets and tiers on skirts. And don’t ignore those folded over booties!