I’ve been on an outerwear tirade lately; mainly because it’s getting damn cold and it’s going to be cold for some time (that’s not a complaint, just a fact, as I’d rather be cold than hot) and the outerwear here sucks.
A U.K. company has arrived in the States. While Simply Be doesn’t have a huge assortment of outerwear they do have a larger number that I like than many other shops I’ve been too.
- Red Hooded Coat, $105 (Sizes 10 to 28) – I love red outerwear and this swing coat with big pockets is washable which is a bonus. It has a large hood for all those bulky scarves.
- Joe Browns Awesome Coat, $135 (Sizes 10 to 28) – This coat is dryclean but look how awesome it is. It has a cinched in waist and an unusual pattern that is bold but doesn’t scream crazy.
- Fur Trim Parka, $99 (Sizes 10 to 28) – I love the military vibe of this parka. It has a drawstring waist to control draft and fur collar for the days you forget your scarf. And it is machine washable. Love the big pockets.
- Double Breasted Coat, $125 (Sizes 10 to 28) – Purple has been a strong color this year and deep purple is the new black. No it isn’t, I just like the way it sounded. This double breasted long peacoat style has nice rounded corners, faux belted waist and cuffs. And yes, it’s machine washable. It’s a great looking career coat.
- Anna Scholz Faux Fur Coat, $125 (Sizes 10 to 28) – The hottest print this season is leopard. This faux fur coat is wild without being over the top. It is dry clean only.
Be sure to check out the Madison Plus Fall Lookbook which features Simply Be for some great styling ideas and beautiful plus size models.
* Get your own plus size coat from Simply Be
* Madison Plus Fall Lookbook Featuring Simply Be