You have an arsenal of potential lenses in your head. Every movie you have ever seen is a potential lens for the Squidflix section of Squidoo. These lenses can then be grouped into index lenses for your favorite action, chick flick, comedy, or dramatic films. Your intro should include a brief review of the movie and you can decide to add more within the lens if you watch the movie again (new ideas always crop off if you watch a movie after creating a lens about it).
What to include in a basic movie review:
- Main character names and actors portraying them.
- A brief synopsis of what movie is about.
- One thing you liked about the movie.
- One thing you hated about the movie.
- And would you watch it again and recommend other view it.
If you are writing a longer review for Squidflix then you can include (in separate modules):
- One or two favorite quotes in black boxes (or a listing of quotes in text list plexo).
- A longer description of storyline (no ending spoilers please).
- Comments on setting, cinematography, costumes, dialogue, comparisons between movie and book if there’s a book. You can have a separate text box for each area or just brief notes in one text box.
What not to include in a movie review:
- Spoilers that will ruin the outcome of the movie for the viewer. If you absolutely have to include a spoiler give it it’s own text box and title it as a spoiler.
Now go write ten mini movie review lenses this week from your arsenal of movies you already have seen.