Bright bags are the accessory must have for spring and summer. When I was searching for some possibilities at Zappos there were a few brands that seemed to keep coming up as favorites: Big Buddha, Marc Jacobs and Dooney/Bourke. Not surprisingly there was a lot of blue. Some of my favorite textures are weaving, rosebuds, quilting, and embossed print. My all time favorites are dual bags that have handles and cross the body straps. Zappos is really working hard to introduce more product videos which gives an excellent depiction of product size and appearance.
1. Frye Maddy Mini ($148) – This bag is so small it can be used for a wallet if you take off the strap. Super cute and lots of nice details. With this bright color you’ll never misplace it for long.
2. Big Buddha Jackie ($85) – At first glance it looks like a doctor’s bag, except super bright. It also comes in bright yellow and bright pink. It’s made of animal friendly material.
3. Jessica McClintock East/West Full Rose Flap ($46) – This bag is so pretty. A perfect compliment to a wedding. In fact it would make a lovely gift to bridesmaids. It also comes in a lovely gold or silver.
4. Big Buddha Jamie ($85) – It has a cute little change purse inside that is attached to a strap so it doesn’t get lost in all that space.
5. Marc by Marc Jacobs Preppy Nylon Sasha ($175) – Super bright bag that is sure to get noticed. I don’t know why but I love the fold over bags, they just feel extra secure.
6. Francesco Biasia Edith Tote ($147) – This great tote is extra spacious and perfect for a quick trip to the beach.
7. B. Makowsky Isabel Handheld Satchel ($238) – I love this bag. It’s the perfect size for every day and has some lovely details; like the angled pockets and animal print inside.
8. Dooney & Bourke Spicy Sac ($228) – The quilted pattern is simple but adds depth.
9. Marc by Marc Jacobs Classic Q Baby Groovee ($358) – Uber bright yellow and a workable size that holds all the important basics.
10. Dooney & Bourke Dillen 2 Satchel ($248) – Love the style of this classy looking handbag that would be perfect for the office. It has just the right amount of pockets for organization.
11. The Sak Pax Leather Crossbody ($69) – This is another one of those fold over jobs that I love. And there is an extra set of hoops to make it even more functional. But what I really like is the simple texture.
12. Just Cavalli ($385) – I’d never pay this much for such a little bag but it is so cute and puffy. I love the pleats and the heart charm.
* Get your own bright bags for spring