The basics always need to be replenished because we wear them so often. If you are looking for something new in basics possibly with a little designer flair, I see Anna Scholz has some new “basics” offerings. Here are a few of my favorites:
What makes basics, basic? They are the pieces we use to build our wardrobe by providing us a base to highlight another piece or they are a multi-purpose piece that can be worn with almost anything.
- The Shimmer Jersey Slip Dress (£94) would look great under a jean jacket or a boyfriend blazer.
- The Jersey Twist Neck T-Shirt (£45) is perfect as is with a pair of capris or layered under your favorite jacket or cardigan.
- The Slinky Jersey Drawstring Cardi (£135) is a multi-look cardigan that has movable drawstrings to make it short and scrunchy or long and crinkled. A great layering piece for jeans and boots while having lunch with the girls or over a blouse at work.
- The Shimmer Jersey Leggings (£72) would look great under shorts, skirts, tunics, dresses and just about anything in your closet that coordinates with the color. They look like grey but the description says taupe.
- The Crepe Jersey Frill Dress (£199) is another great base to build on but the frill makes is a nice contrast and is not as casual as the slip dress. Get out your favorite wide brim hat and shades!
* Get your own plus size basics from Anna Scholz