If you are a True Blood fan (like myself) then you probably have a better appreciation of fairy costumes. The best selection of plus size fairy costumes comes from Costume Craze. There is an assortment of sexy fairy to “my mother wouldn’t be embarrassed to see me in this” fairy costume. And scary fairy. If you want a little more leg coverage security then consider some kick-ass colored tights (and leggings) from We Love Colors. They have over 50 colors in plus sizes to choose from.
1. The Midnight Fairy costume (sizes 16 to 24 for $36) would also make a great vampire fairy. I like how the wings are petite. Could go with black tights (or deep blue for midnight) or bright red if you are doing the vampire fairy.
2. The Blue Fairy (sizes 1x to 4x for $43) is sexy and sweet but a little too short for most people so matching baby blue leggings are a must.
3. The Frightening Fairy costume (womens full for $37) gives fairyness more of a Halloween feel and a kick ass look.
4. The Mother Nature Fairy (womens full for $32) costume is all about goodness and doesn’t have wings to worry about. I like how the dress is longer in the back — it shows off some leg but keeps cover on the backside.
5. The Premiere Woodland Fairy (sizes 2x and 3x for $97) is probably my favorite of favorites. It provides adequate coverage, has lovely details and those wings are just so pretty.
Things Keep in Mind
Things to keep in mind when picking out a fairy costume. Obviously, size and fit are important but so are the size of the wings and where you will be wearing the costume. You don’t want to piss people off because you keep whacking them in the head with your wings. So if you are going to be in tight quarters go for a smaller wing or at the very least wings that are easily removable.
Fairy Make-up and Hair
And if you really want to add some interesting details to your costume then consider this artistic Fairy Flower Mask Makeup by MizzChievouz (love her to death):
For your fair hair consider this pretty dutch braid as shown by Lilith Moon: