Robin Kaye was born in Brooklyn, New York and grew up in the shadow of the Brooklyn Bridge next door to her Sicilian grandparents.
Living with an extended family that’s a cross between Gilligan’s Island and The Sopranos, minus the desert isle and illegal activities, explains both her comedic timing and the cast of quirky characters in her books.
She has lived in half a dozen states from Idaho to Florida, but the romance of Brooklyn has never left her heart. She currently resides in Maryland with her husband, three children, two dogs, and a three-legged cat with attitude.
10 Things You Might Not Know About Robin Kaye
- She weaves, spins yarn, and knits. She worked and taught at a weaving/kitting shop part-time for five years to feed her yarn addiction.
- She is a mentor to a wonderful sixth-grade girl.
- She has a husband, three children, two dogs, a three-legged cat, and a bearded dragon named Puff.
- She once worked as a bouncer at a bar/restaurant called Swampwater Al’s.
- She majored in Economics in college.
- Her first date with my husband was on April Fool’s Day.
- She went to ten different grade schools.
- She read a book a day but never read a romance before the year 2000.
- She has been reading since before she can remember–literally.
- She has over 10,000 songs on her iPod (much to her husband’s dismay).
Every Writer Needs a Hobby
Some say reading is a hobby but I don’t see it that way. I eat, I breathe, I read, I live these acts can be enjoyable, but are not hobbies. My hobbies are few and I find them equally addictive. I knit, weave, spin, and collect diamonds.
Making It Official
Robin Kaye has a home on the web where you can learn about her latest fiction, appearances and join her mailing list.
Leave a Reply