For our first camping trip I wanted to make sure we had enough food but didn’t end up coming home with a bunch of leftovers. I planned a basic camping menu for two people that I could print off and check off ingredients as I packed then use as reference whenever Jeff asked me, “What’s for lunch?” or “What’s for supper?
Weekend RV Menu 1.0 (2 Night, 2 morning)
- Saturday: Eggs x 4, bacon and toast x 4.
- Sunday: Premade oatmeal x 2.
- Saturday: Chickpea sandwich x 2, carrot sticks, 1/2 an apple.
- Sunday: Hot dogs x 4, buns x 4, carrot sticks, grapes, chips, mayo.
- Friday: Hamburgers x 2, buns x 2, celery sticks, grapes, mayo.
- Saturday: Marinated chicken x 2, roasted pineapple slices x 4, roasted corn cob x 2, ceasar salad.
Possible Snacks: muffins, crumb cake, cornmeal muffins, arrowroot cookies, cereal for Jeff’s PM snack, hot chocolate, OJ, yogurt, 4 L of milk…
I prepacked only what was needed. When the weekend was over I made adjustments to my original file if something didn’t work or if I made recipe adjustments. Since this first menu I have created four other “weekend menus” that we will rotate.
If you have any must have menu suggestions for camping, let me know!