Some fashionistas are down right against them. Some are downright for them. And some are just caught in the middle. I love capri pants and tend to wear them a lot in the summer. Off the top of my head I can picture at least five pair in my mind — all faves.
1. The number one reason is calves are sexy. Capri pants are a perfect way to show off calves without feeling overly exposed or having to worry about the dress being blown up or out.
2. I’m a hot blooded woman and capri pants keep my calves cool.
3. Unlike skirts, capri pants help prevent chub rub in the summer.
4. Capri pants can be comfortably worn at work.
5. They can be worn at the park.
6. They can be worn at the beach.
7. Capris can be dressed up or down.
8. They look brilliant with flats or heels or strappy sandals.
9. Capris can be worn by young girls or seniors.
10. Ok, I couldn’t think of another one. But I think you get the picture.
Like many styles, capri pants are not for everyone. At right is what a perfectly fitting length should look like. If they are hitting you just above the ankle then you are too short to be wearing regular length capris and should be shopping in the petite plus section or not wearing them at all because if they don’t hit the right spot they just look like floods (like you don’t know how to wash your clothes). If you can’t find petite plus where you are, get out the sewing machine and start hemming.
The capri pants shown here are from Kiyonna. They are stylish and perfect for work or out and about town doing errands on a warm day. Kiyonna offers a wide range of sizes for 10 to 32. These capri’s come in American blue jean and black; obviously, the black is the most versatile.
* Get your own plus size capri pants from Kiyonna